In Her Own Words
We all know our M is one of the most brilliant and ironic artists we have out there. Her sharp and tongue in cheek quotes have been raising some eyebrows and at the same time delighting us fans for over three decades now. For today’s fact of the day we have put together a top 15 of our personal favourite Madonna quotes, the ones that made us fall in love with the woman in the first place and that we really think sum up her essence. Enjoy!
• 1. Crucifixes are sexy because there’s a naked man on them.
• 2. I’m tough, I’m ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay.
• 3 I wouldn’t have turned out the way I was if I didn’t have all those old-fashioned values to rebel against.
• 4. I sometimes think I was born to live up to my name. How could I be anything else but what I am having been
named Madonna? I would either have ended up a nun or this.
• 4. I went to New York, I had a dream, I wanted to be a big star, I didn’t know anybody, I wanted to dance
I wanted to sing, I wanted to all those thing , I wanted to be famous, I wanted everybody to love me,
I wanted to be a star, I worked really hard and my dream came true!
• 6. No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you’ve come from, you can always change,
become a better version of yourself.
• 7. To be brave is to love someone unconditionally, without expecting anything in return. To just give. That takes courage,
because we don’t want to fall on our faces or leave ourselves open to hurt.
• 8. I laugh at myself. I don’t take myself completely seriously. I think that’s another quality that people
have to hold on to… you have to laugh, especially at yourself.
• 9. A lot of people are afraid to say what they want. That’s why they don’t get what they want.
• 10. I stand for freedom of expression, doing what you believe in, and going after your dreams.
• 11. I`m a gay man trapped in a woman`s body!
• 12. Everyone is entitled to my opinion
• 13. When I’m hungry, I eat. When I’m thirsty, I drink. When I feel like saying something, I say it.
• 14. I think that everyone should get married at least once, so you can see what a silly, outdated institution it is.
• 15. I am my own experiment. I am my own work of art.