Can MDNA be Madonna’s best album ever?
Well it looks like we were not the only ones to get in love with the new Madonna album yesterday.
While MadonnaTribe had the chance to take part to a rather intimate listening session with a bunch of members from the media in a sunny Italian morning, a much more packed event took place at the Abbey Road Studios in London.
And the UK press loved it! If you have missed the selection of reviews that we’ve collected on our Facebook page so far, do it now, the vibes from an overwhelming wave of positive feedbacks is something you won’t miss!
The reviews that are in so far include:
• The one from Miss Madonnalicious herself, who also had the privilege to take part to the listening party in London.
• The one from our friends at Toh! magazine, who shared our own excitement during and after the listening session in Milan.
• The one from our friend – celebrity blogger, Sunday Mirror columinist – and Madonna fan! – Dean Piper.
• The track-by-track review from PopJustice – the guys were listening to MDNA for a second time yesterday, jealous much!
• Neil McCormick giving his first verdict on MDNA on The Telegraph.
• The review from The Independent, with Andy Gill saying that Madonna shows the new generation of divas she’s still top of the pop.
• Gordon Smart at The Sun, who says Madonna rolls back the years on new album.
• Kim Dawson at The Daily Star, saying that Madonna is back at her absolute best with the biggest all-out dance album she’s ever made
• Digital Spy, with Robert Copsey saying MDNA is by no means a perfect Madonna album, but it certainly has the potential after repeated listens to be up somewhere in the top six.
• Stylist‘s Anita Bhagwandas shares her initial, unedited track by track MDNA reaction MDNA.
• The Guardian also had a sneak preview of the new album and warns you to get ready for terrible French accents, amazing pop raves and heartfelt ballads.
• Will Hodgkinson on The Times says that on MDNA Madonna successfully returns to what she does best: hi-energy disco, as thrilling as it is unhealthy.