Everybody’s looking for ”Sex”
It is that time of the year again when BookFinder releases their list of the top 10 most sought-after out-of-print books.
BookFinder.com is an e-commerce search engine for new, used and out-of-print books, and in the fifth annual Top 10 Out-of-Print Books of 2007 Madonna’s “Sex” book appears to be the only volume to make the list in both their US and UK rankings.
Madonna’s 1992 photography book came in at #3 on the list for the United States, topped by “Once a Runner” by John L. Parker, Jr. – a cult classic distance running novel. “Sex” can also be found at #4 of the most searched for books in the United Kingdom, where “The Forests of England”, the 1976 book by Peter J. Neville Havins narrating the history of England’s timberland tops the list.
“From 98 to 99 percent of all books ever published are now out-of-print, so they don’t show up in traditional bestseller lists,” said Anirvan Chatterjee, founder of BookFinder.com. “Without big marketing budgets behind them, these books have been getting buzz the old-fashioned way: reader word of mouth.”
To check out the complete Top Ten lists please click on the Full Article link below.
US Top Ten Out-of-Print Books of 2007:
1. Once a Runner, by John L. Parker, Jr. (1978)
2. Football Scouting Methods, by Steve Belichick (1962)
3. Sex, by Madonna (1992)
4. Promise Me Tomorrow, by Nora Roberts (1984)
5. The Lion’s Paw, by Robb White (1946)
6. The Principles of Knitting, by June Hemmons Hiatt (1988)
7. Raven: The Untold Story of the Reverend Jim Jones and his People, by Tim Reiterman (1982)
8. Aran Knitting, by Alice Starmore (1997)
9. One Way Up, by John F. Straubel (1964)
10. Dear and Glorious Physician, by Taylor Caldwell (1959)
UK Top Ten Out-of-Print Books of 2007:
1. The Forests of England, by Peter J. Neville Havins (1976)
2. Walker’s Pitch: A Selection of Articles from the Angling Times, by Richard Walker (1959)
3. The Widow Makers, by Jean Mead (2005)
4. Sex, by Madonna (1992)
5. The Death of Grass, by Samuel Youd (writing as John Christopher) (1957)
6. Labyrinth, by A. C. H. Smith (1986)
7. Extreme Rock, by Ken Wilson and Bernard Newman (1987)
8. The Big Greed, by Kenneth Giles (1966)
9. Brass Dial Clocks, by Brian Loomes (1966) (1998)
10. The Red Sailor, by Patrick O’Hara (1968)