Joey’s Atlantic City Review
Here’s another review from Atlantic City by our community member JoeyAnyc.
“Hi there, just wanted to give you a few things regarding Madonna‘s show last night in Atlantic City. Joey”
• Around 2pm, a merchandise stand was sent up outside of the venue on the boardwalk.
• There were A LOT of people selling tickets on the boardwalk, people were coming up to the police because they found that the tickets they bought were fake.
• Approaching the doors, security check outside said that there was NO air conditioning and that the show won’t start before 8:30 (although scheduled for 8pm). This way people didn’t go in and sit in the heat for 2 hours.
• She went on around 9pm
• The venue was so small – there were 20 seats per row on the floor sections 1 and 3. The catwalk was right up against the last seat in each row, so there was no place to stand around the catwalk. Only the person in the last seat to turn towards the catwalk.
• The show was great – she rocked with lots of energy. The crowd SUCKED, as I knew it would being it was a casino. Yes, you had your fans but the people in the front either sat down or just stood there. Literally, in my section from the 1st – 5th row, only a handful of people were jumping up and down the whole show.
• When sitting on the steps, she said this was her first time in Atlantic City. Madonna said she was pissed off with all of the people sitting down. She said this isn’t a bar mitzvah. One guy in my section just stood there leaning against the front rail. She said it looks like you are at a cocktail bar – “can I get you a drink or something” (she asked him). Very funny, but sad with all of the people there. It really was the worse crowd I’ve ever experienced.
• She messed up the beginning guitar of Paradise and she stopped and said she messed up. Then she turns to Issacc and said “Issac” in a tone as if it was his fault. Very funny! She started over and right before the verse started, she said she never did that before.
• Someone were a cowboy hat at the catwalk, she did take it during Let It Will Be. She didn’t throw it in the crowd. She kept it on at the steps. Asked everyone if they liked her hat. Before she went onto the next song, she walked down the catwalk and found the guy and returned it to him.
• Oh, I did notice in Philly that they put a black curtain around the Mirrored Ball while in the air so it wasn’t easily noticed. I don’t recall the curtain the second night in NYC. I think she added that. (small details)
• No mention of Front Row Bitches, from what I can remember.
• Madiva was in the front row, dressed from the Live To Tell number, with thorns.
Thanks to JoeyAnyc.