”Is Anyone Listening?”
Thanks to M-Tribe contributor Joey who just came back from Miami‘s first show and wote these notes about the main differences in last night’s Madonna concert.
• After “Like A Virgin“, Madonna didn’t make her “Ladies and Gentlemen…” speech. Most likely because of …..
• The “Jump” catwalk was stopping on it’s way down. It was stuck half way, and the dancers just stayed at the edges of the stage/catwalk, posing – waiting to see if it will come down.
Madonna kept on going and the platform finally landed JUST in time for when Madonna get’s on it. This event REALLY changed Madonna’s performance. She went into auto pilot for the rest of the show. She didn’t look up much unless it was part of the choreography. I can only pick this out because I’ve been to 4 shows in the past week. To someone who didn’t see the show (or recently) would not notice.
• Madonna had held back vocally tonight. Parts of the show where she shouts, she just sang in the regular voice. For example: In “I Love NY“, she screams “F*CK OFF” – she didn’t. “Let It Will Be“, when she’s on the end of the catwalk on her knees, she screams “BURN” – she didn’t. And I know there were a couple other parts. I just hope her voice isn’t going.
• “Paradise” she dedicated to her brother, who was in the audience. Didn’t name which brother.
• “Sorry” video montage – usually ends with “The Audience Is Listening” NOW reads “Is Anyone Listening?”
• She didn’t display the web address for www.clintonfoundation.org or the other one.
• After “Let It Will Be“, she talks about how she used to live in Miami. She had TOO much fun there. She didn’t almost perform tonight because she didn’t sleep. She mentioned no one in Miami sleeps, but for different reasons then hers. “But I don’t judge“.
• Took someone’s cowboy hat, as usual. She threw it into the audience.
• And one final note, I have to listen more closely to “Music” tomorrow night. For some reason something sounded different when she first dances at the end of the catwalk by herself. It sounded like something was changed up there. I have to listen back to previous shows to figure it out. HOWEVER, this isn’t a definite!”