”Confessions” is the #6 best selling album of 2005!
With only a couple of months sales, “Confessions On A Dance Floo” has been confirmed by the IFPI as the #6 best selling album of 2005.
Madonna sold 6.3 million copies of her new record during the year, although this will probably refer to sales to record stores (also known as “shippings”) rather than to the public.
Here is the Top Ten.
1. Coldplay, X&Y (8.3m)
2. Mariah Carey, The Emancipation of Mimi (7.7m)
3. 50 Cent, The Massacre (7.5m)
4. Black Eyed Peas, Monkey Business (6.8m)
5. Green Day, American Idiot (6.4m)
6. Madonna, Confessions on a Dance Floor (6.3m)
7. Kelly Clarkson, Breakaway (6.1m)
8. Eminem, Curtain Call (5.5m)
9. James Blunt, Back to Bedlam (5.5m)
10. Robbie Williams, Intensive Care (5.4m)
From the BBC News. Thanks to Daniel.