Cardiff Confessions – the real story!
Thanks to M-Tribe reader Paul – who attended the Madonna “Confessions Tour” gig in Cardiff last Sunday – for sharing some of his impressions about the show – and about some of these “moaning” complaints about the concert.
• The stadium was packed to capacity – the only empty seats were on themedge of the stage where you wouldn’t have been able to see the show and they weren’t on sale anyway.
• Madonna spoke to the crowd several times during the show, to say thanks for coming, to say it was her first time in Wales, to say she was having a great time and that it was great to see so many people from different countries showing unity, that it was a great to start her European tour here and that it was the first stadium of the tour.
• She was on stage for at least two hours non-stop, did the usual 21 songs – to anyone who can criticise that I say: “you get off your fat arse and try and do better”
• Anyone who was a fan knew there wasn’t going to be an encore – so what. 21 songs!!!! What do you want???
• Madonna is an ever-evolving artist with a huge catalogue of 50+ hits to choose from to perform on tour. This was the Confessions tour, not a greatest hits tour.
Unfortunately, there are some people out there who still only associate Madonna with Like A Virgin and Material Girl. She is not some has-been performer (like some others I could mention from Wales) who keep going on tours every year singing the same old 10 songs to people stupid enough to pay.
• No-one was made to pay £150 for tickets… There were also tickets at £55 and other prices. I payed £70 and stood for about 9 hours, walking to stadium, waiting outside, the show, and walking home after and had a fantastic time and met lots of great fans of all ages at the concert.
• Real fans came from all over the UK to Cardiff, and Madonna has done what thousands of pounds worth of advertising couldn’t do to bring publicity to Cardiff. Fans also came from New York, Ireland, Spain, Norway, Germany, Italy, France, Israel and who knows where else. I would bet a million pounds that the people who were moaning after the show were from Wales – who only went because Madonna is a huge name – but sadly all they know of her music is Material Girl.
Most of them probably waste £100 going out and getting drunk on a weekend.
• All I heard after the show was positive comments and amazement at Madonna‘s performance.
• So shut the fuck up!