Madonna Ticket Stubs
Our community member DayAnotherDay has put together all the ticket stubs he has from all the Madonna performances he had the chance to attend over the years. This makes a really nice M-Morabilia corner here at Tribe today. He wrote:
This is a scan of all my Madonna ticket stubs. In the event of duplicates (like R.I.T.), I just chose one.
I saw Madonna on June 11 twice – the last night of the Virgin Tour, the first night of Blond Ambition.
I have seen Madonna at Madison Square Garden ten times. The first time (the Virgin Tour) and the last time (Reinvention) over the course of 19 years. The first song I ever saw Madonna perform live was “Dress You Up,” the last song was “Holiday.”
Seating arrangements for all venues are available online. I have seen her at the Garden, Anaheim Stadium, the Broadhurst Theatre, and Nassau Coliseum.
All but R.I.T. were purchased through scalpers.
1) The Virgin Tour. Face value: $17.50. I remember paying a scalper $50 for a decent seat on the final night of the Virgin Tour.
2) Who’s That Girl. Face value: $22.50. I paid a scalper $150 for 10th row, Jack Nicholson sat two rows in front of me. I have seen Madonna from the 10th row twice, the 12th row twice, Section 106 at the Garden twice. Spooky.
3) “Speed the Plow.” Ahem, Row B, thank you veddy much. Sean Penn sat two behind me. I bought these at the box office. I saw this show twice – opening night and closing night. I was living in L.A. so it was hard for me to travel and plan, or else I would have gone every day. My ticket was $35.
4) Blond Ambition. Face value $30. I remember paying $200 for my 18th row seat. And I was lucky. You could not BUY tickets to this show – opening night in NYC. I actually took a friend who had a car if she would drive me. And I believe she cancelled two of her Jersey shows. This was the night that someone from the audience got onstage during Keep it Together.
5) Girlie Show. Face value: $35. I paid $300. It was her last night in New York for eight years.
6) Drowned World. Face value: $125. I saw it twice, paid $400 both times for decent seats. I sat next to Ashford and Simpson.
7) The Reinvention. Saw it six times, bought about ten tickets, all through Ticketmaster. One night I sat in Section 106, exactly where I had seen the Girlie Show 11 years ago.
Anyway, I hope someone finds this enjoyable.”
Special thanks to DieAnotherDay4
If you want to send something you want to see on Madonnatribe, use the usual email email@example.com