HX’s Best and Worst Moments on Television in 2003
HX, the well-known gay publication in New York City, has published a list recognizing the best and worst of television in 2003. The entries are all of particular interest to gays. Following is the top 10, on which Madonna is featured twice.
“We’ve come to the end of yet another year – and what a year! In the past 12 months, we0ve seen a gay explosion on TV, from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and Boy Meets Boy to Playmakers and Angels in America! Throw in “gay but not gay gay” stuff such as The Ellen DeGeneres Show, Reno 911, The Reagans, American Idol and Nick & Jessica and it has been one hell of a queer old time! It’s interesting to note that many gay moments on our list at right happened on reality shows – proving once again that doctored realism is stranger than fiction.
10. South Park’s “gay” episode. We always knew metrosexuals were no damn good!
9. Richard Chamberlain comes out on Dateline. Okay, so no one was shocked to learn Dr. Kildare was a little light in the loafers.
8. Madonna on Will & Grace. See, she can act. Sort of.
7. Angels in America on HBO. Hark, Do we hear Emmy?
6. Reichen and Chip win Amazing Race 4. Then they race off to divorce court!
5. Bianca comes out on All My Children. Let’s see how long she stays that way.
4. John Benjamin Hickey and Simon Christopher Sieber in bed together on It’s All Relative. You mean gay men have penises?
3. The last episode of Boy Meets Boy . We still can’t figure out how James could pick Wes over pian.
2. Madonna and Britney’s Lip-lock. “Not a girl” meets “Not yet a woman.”
1. Queer Eye for the Straight Guy takes over the universe. Middle America learns how to zhuzh.”
Source: Dan Avery, HX Magazine
Originally posted on MadonnaTribe Forum by glittericious_